Saturday, May 10, 2008

Do You Know The Way To San Jose




Today I went exploring downtown San Jose. There is so much history in this 231-year-old city, including being the site of the first State Capitol.

Saint Joseph Cathedral Basilica


The fountains in Plaza de Cesar Chavez



"First State Capitol" This California Historical Landmark sits in front of the Fairmont Hotel.





San Jose: Where the redwood trees meet the palm trees. Northern California is full of millions of redwood trees for hundreds of miles. Tall palm trees accentuate the skyline of southern California. Here in San Jose, the two trees meet happily in the middle.


San Jose Museum of Art


After a day of walking around the city, I stopped in Chipotle for a vegetarian burrito. That lime cilantro rice is so good!


And because it was such a nice day, a stop for ice cream was on my list.


I ended my day playing in a city park.


I played in the sand for a bit before heading home. What a busy day!

No comments: